Kerala, often referred to as "God's Own Country," is a slice of paradise in southern India known for its natural beauty, rich culture, and unique experiences. If you're a resident of Varanasi and have been yearning to explore this exquisite state, you're in for a memorable journey. Kerala offers a myriad of experiences tailored to families, couples, senior citizens, women travelers, and groups. In this article, we will delve into Kerala tour packages from Varanasi, examining various transportation options and highlighting noteworthy tour operators.
1. Kerala Tour Packages from Varanasi by Train: Traveling to Kerala from Varanasi by train is an adventure in itself. The Indian Railways offers several routes, including the Varanasi Junction to Ernakulam Junction and the Varanasi Junction to Trivandrum Central. The train journey offers a unique perspective on India's diverse landscapes and is an excellent choice for those who relish leisurely travel.
2. Kerala Tour Packages from Varanasi by Bus: While there are no direct bus routes from Varanasi to Kerala, you can opt for a combination of long-distance buses. Begin with a bus to major transit points like Chennai or Bangalore and then take another bus to Kerala. This option is ideal for adventurous travelers who wish to explore the journey as part of their adventure.
3. Kerala Tour Packages from Varanasi by Flight: The fastest and most convenient way to reach Kerala from Varanasi is by air. Several airlines operate daily flights from Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport (VNS) to Kerala's main airports, including Cochin International Airport (COK), Trivandrum International Airport (TRV), and Calicut International Airport (CCJ). Flight packages are readily available, ensuring a comfortable and swift journey.
4. Kerala Family Tour from Varanasi: Kerala is a perfect destination for family vacations. With its lush greenery, backwaters, and wildlife sanctuaries, it offers ample opportunities for family bonding. Explore popular family destinations like Munnar, Thekkady, and Kumarakom. Family-friendly Kerala tour packages ensure a memorable experience for all family members.
5. Kerala Couple Tour Packages from Varanasi: Kerala provides an idyllic setting for couples seeking a romantic getaway. From Munnar's tea plantations to the serene backwaters of Alleppey and the pristine beaches of Kovalam, there is no shortage of romantic experiences. Opt for Kerala couple tour packages that include private accommodations and houseboat stays.
6. Kerala Senior Citizen Tour Packages from Varanasi: Kerala's tranquil landscapes and laid-back atmosphere make it an ideal destination for senior citizens. Senior-friendly packages offer comfortable accommodations and leisurely-paced activities such as Ayurvedic treatments, cultural performances, and visits to historical sites.
7. Kerala Women Tour Packages from Varanasi: Kerala is a safe and welcoming destination for women travelers. Specialized women-centric tour packages provide the opportunity to explore Kerala's culture, cuisine, and art forms while connecting with local women and experiencing their way of life.
8. Kerala Tourism Office in Varanasi: For information and assistance with your Kerala trip, visit the Kerala Tourism Office in Varanasi. They can provide brochures, maps, and insights into the best places to visit, as well as help you plan your itinerary.
9. Kerala Tourism Development Corporation (KTDC) Tour Packages from Varanasi: The Kerala Tourism Development Corporation (KTDC) offers a variety of tour packages catering to different types of travelers. These packages often include accommodations, transportation, and guided tours, ensuring a seamless experience.
10. Kerala Tour Operators in Varanasi: Varanasi has numerous tour operators specializing in Kerala tours. It's advisable to research and select an operator that aligns with your travel preferences and budget. Look for reviews and recommendations to find a reliable operator.
11. Kerala Group Tour Packages from Varanasi: Traveling to Kerala in a group can be a cost-effective and enjoyable way to explore the state. Consider group tour packages, which often come with discounts and the opportunity to make new friends while experiencing Kerala's beauty.
In conclusion, Kerala is a destination that promises unforgettable experiences for every type of traveler. Varanasi residents have various transportation options and tour operators to choose from, making the journey to "God's Own Country" accessible and enjoyable. So pack your bags and embark on a Kerala adventure that will leave you with cherished memories.
Day 1: Kochi : Arrival in Kochi : Arrive at Cochin International Airport from Varanasi. Meet and greet by a representative from the luxury tour operator. Transfer to a 5-star hotel in Kochi. Spend the day exploring Kochi's historical sites, such as Fort Kochi, Mattancherry Palace, and the Chinese Fishing Nets. Enjoy a traditional Kathakali dance performance in the evening.
Day 2: Kochi : Kochi Sightseeing : After breakfast, take a city tour of Kochi, visiting attractions like the St. Francis Church, Jewish Synagogue, and the Dutch Palace. Explore the vibrant streets of Fort Kochi and indulge in shopping for handicrafts and spices. In the evening, enjoy a sunset cruise on the backwaters of Kochi. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 3: Munnar : Kochi to Munnar : After breakfast, check out from the hotel and proceed to Munnar. Enjoy a scenic drive through the lush tea plantations and rolling hills of Munnar. Check in to a luxurious 5-star resort in Munnar. Spend the evening at leisure, enjoying the amenities and facilities of the resort.Overnight stay at the 5-star resort in Munnar.
Day 4: Munnar : Munnar Exploration : After breakfast, embark on a full-day sightseeing tour of Munnar. Visit attractions like the Tata Tea Museum, Echo Point, Mattupetty Dam, and the beautiful Eravikulam National Park. Enjoy breathtaking views of the tea gardens and explore the picturesque landscapes of Munnar. Return to the resort for an overnight stay.
Day 5: Thekkady : Munnar to Thekkady : After breakfast, check out from the resort and drive to Thekkady. Check in to a luxurious 5-star hotel or resort in Thekkady. In the afternoon, enjoy a boat ride on Periyar Lake to spot wildlife in the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. Visit the spice plantations and indulge in a relaxing Ayurvedic massage. Overnight stay at the 5-star hotel in Thekkady.
Day 6: Kumarakom : Thekkady to Kumarakom : After breakfast, proceed to Kumarakom. Check in to a luxurious 5-star resort in Kumarakom. Spend the day relaxing by the serene backwaters and enjoying the facilities of the resort. Optional activities include a visit to the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary or a sunset cruise on the Vembanad Lake. Overnight stay at Kumarakom.
Day 7: Alleppey Houseboat : Kumarakom to Alleppey Houseboat : After breakfast, check out from the resort and transfer to Alleppey. Board a luxury houseboat for an overnight stay and cruise on the backwaters of Alleppey. Enjoy the picturesque views, delicious Kerala cuisine, and the peaceful ambiance of the backwaters. Overnight stay on the luxury houseboat.
Day 8: Departure : Alleppey to Cochin Airport - Varanasi : Disembark from the houseboat after breakfast. Transfer to Cochin International Airport for your departure. Please note that this is a sample itinerary and can be customized based on your preferences, the availability of accommodations, and the duration of your stay. It's recommended to work closely with a tour operator.
1 : Submit your tour plan by clicking the link.
2 : Your enquiry automatically forwarded up to 2 leading tour operators/ advisors in Kerala and your home town.
3 : Tour advisors will contact you through either phone or email for preparing the best tour itinerary as per your budget and duration of stay.
4 : You shall get the tour plan and cost from our recommended tour advisors.
5 : You may opt for the best tour itinerary/advisor as per your wish.
6 : The tour operator will confirm the tour plan and ask you to pay a 25% advance payment. Balance payment you can pay on arrival.
7 : You will get vehicle details and driver details 2 days before arrival.
8 : Our recommended tour operators representative will receive you on arrival at the airport/railway station/bus station.
9 : Your dedicated tour advisor will be available to support you from start to end of your tour.
10 : Our service is absolutely free of cost.
1. What is the best time to visit Kerala from Varanasi? The best time to visit Kerala is during the winter months, from October to March, when the weather is pleasant and ideal for sightseeing. The monsoon season, from June to September, is not recommended due to heavy rainfall.
2. How can I reach Kerala from Varanasi? Kerala can be reached from Varanasi by train, bus, or flight. Flights are the quickest and most convenient option, but you can also take a train or combine a bus journey with a train or flight.
3. Are there direct flights from Varanasi to Kerala? Yes, Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport (VNS) in Varanasi offers direct flights to various airports in Kerala, including Cochin (COK), Trivandrum (TRV), and Calicut (CCJ).
4. What are the must-visit destinations in Kerala from Varanasi? Must-visit places in Kerala include Munnar, Alleppey, Thekkady, Wayanad, Kochi, Kovalam, and Trivandrum. The choice of destinations depends on your interests and the type of Kerala tour package you choose.
5. Can I find customized tour packages for Kerala from Varanasi? Yes, many tour operators offer customizable packages to suit your preferences, budget, and travel dates. You can tailor your itinerary to include the destinations and experiences you desire.
6. What types of tour packages are available for Kerala from Varanasi? Kerala offers a wide range of tour packages, including family tours, couple packages, senior citizen tours, women-centric tours, group tours, and more. You can select the one that best suits your travel group.
7. Is Kerala safe for solo travelers, especially women from Varanasi? Kerala is generally considered safe for solo travelers, including women. It has a low crime rate and a welcoming atmosphere. However, it's advisable to exercise common-sense precautions and stay in well-reviewed accommodations.
8. What are the must-try experiences in Kerala from Varanasi? Must-try experiences in Kerala include cruising the backwaters in a houseboat, exploring spice plantations, enjoying traditional Kathakali performances, trying Ayurvedic treatments, and savoring authentic Kerala cuisine.
9. Are there English-speaking guides available in Kerala for Varanasi tourists? Yes, many tourist destinations in Kerala have English-speaking guides who can help you explore the local culture, history, and natural attractions.
10. Do I need any specific permits to visit certain areas in Kerala from Varanasi? You typically don't need any special permits to visit most places in Kerala. However, if you plan to visit wildlife sanctuaries or protected areas, you might require permits, which can be obtained on-site or through tour operators.
11. What is the currency exchange process in Kerala for Varanasi tourists? Kerala has numerous currency exchange facilities, and you can also exchange currency at the airports. It's advisable to carry some Indian rupees in cash for small expenses, and credit cards are widely accepted in larger establishments.
These FAQs cover essential aspects of planning a Kerala tour from Varanasi. It's recommended to conduct further research and consult with your chosen tour operator for specific details and any additional questions you may have.
Kerala Tour from Varanasi Route Map Details : Varanasi to Kochi Airport (by flight): Distance: Approximately 2,000-2,200 kilometers (depending on the flight route). Flight time: Around 3 to 4 hours. Kochi Airport to Kochi city: Distance: Approximately 35-40 kilometers. Travel time: About 1-2 hours by road, depending on traffic.
Kochi to Munnar: Distance: Approximately 130-140 kilometers. Travel time: Approximately 4-5 hours by road, including winding mountain roads.
Munnar to Thekkady: Distance: Approximately 110-120 kilometers. Travel time: About 3-4 hours by road. Thekkady to Kumarakom: Distance: Approximately 140-150 kilometers. Travel time: Roughly 4-5 hours by road.
Kumarakom to Alleppey (for houseboat stay): Distance: Approximately 40-45 kilometers. Travel time: About 1-2 hours by road. Alleppey back to Cochin (Kochi) Airport: Distance: Approximately 75-85 kilometers. Travel time: Around 1.5-2 hours by road. Cochin Airport to Varanasi (by flight): Distance: Approximately 2,000-2,200 kilometers (similar to the outbound flight). Flight time: Another 3 to 4 hours. Please note that these estimates are based on typical flight and road distances. Actual times can vary based on various factors, including weather conditions and road traffic. To plan your trip more precisely, consider checking the current flight schedules and road conditions for each leg of your journey.
POST YOUR TOUR REQUIREMENTS AND FEEL THE DIFFERENCE OF HOSPITALITY