Kerala, often referred to as "God's Own Country," is a destination known for its pristine natural beauty, diverse culture, and rich heritage. If you're a resident of Vadodara and have been contemplating a trip to this exotic southern Indian state, you're in for a treat. Kerala offers a range of experiences, catering to families, couples, senior citizens, women travelers, and groups. In this article, we'll explore various Kerala tour packages from Vadodara, including transportation options and recommended tour operators.
1. Kerala Tour Packages from Vadodara by Train: Traveling to Kerala from Vadodara by train can be a delightful and scenic journey. The Indian Railways offers several convenient connections, including the Mumbai-Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (LTT) to Ernakulam Junction and Thiruvananthapuram Central. You can choose from a variety of class options, including sleeper, AC 3-tier, and AC 2-tier. It's a cost-effective and comfortable way to reach Kerala, perfect for those who enjoy a leisurely pace and wish to savor the journey.
2. Kerala Tour Packages from Vadodara by Bus: While not a direct bus route, you can travel from Vadodara to Kerala by a combination of long-distance buses. Start with a journey to Mumbai or Pune and then take a bus to Kerala. It's a budget-friendly option for travelers who prefer the road less traveled. The bus journey can be adventurous, offering a unique perspective on the diverse landscapes of India.
3. Kerala Tour Packages from Vadodara by Flight or Air: The fastest and most convenient way to reach Kerala from Vadodara is by air. Several airlines operate daily flights from Vadodara International Airport (BDQ) to various airports in Kerala, including Cochin International Airport (COK), Trivandrum International Airport (TRV), and Calicut International Airport (CCJ). Flight packages are readily available, ensuring a swift and comfortable journey.
4. Kerala Family Tour from Vadodara: Kerala is an excellent destination for a family vacation. Its lush greenery, backwaters, and wildlife sanctuaries provide numerous opportunities for family bonding. Consider visiting Munnar, Thekkady, and Kumarakom. Family-friendly Kerala tour packages are tailored to provide a memorable experience for every member of your group.
5. Kerala Couple Tour Packages from Vadodara: For couples seeking a romantic getaway, Kerala offers an idyllic setting. Munnar's tea plantations, the serene backwaters of Alleppey, and the pristine beaches of Kovalam are perfect for couples. Choose a Kerala couple tour package that includes houseboat stays and private beachfront accommodations.
6. Kerala Senior Citizen Tour Packages from Vadodara: Kerala's serene landscapes and laid-back atmosphere make it an ideal destination for senior citizens. Opt for packages that include comfortable accommodations and leisurely-paced activities like Ayurvedic treatments, cultural performances, and visits to historical sites.
7. Kerala Women Tour Packages from Vadodara: Kerala is a safe and welcoming destination for women travelers. Explore the culture, cuisine, and art forms of Kerala through specialized women-centric tour packages that offer opportunities to connect with local women and experience their way of life.
8. Kerala Tourism Office in Vadodara: To gather information and assistance for your Kerala trip, visit the Kerala Tourism Office in Vadodara. They can provide brochures, maps, and insights into the best places to visit, as well as help you plan your itinerary.
9. Kerala Tourism Development Corporation (KTDC) Tour Packages from Vadodara: The Kerala Tourism Development Corporation (KTDC) offers a range of tour packages catering to different types of travelers. These packages often include accommodations, transportation, and guided tours, ensuring a hassle-free experience.
10. Kerala Tour Operators in Vadodara: Numerous tour operators in Vadodara specialize in Kerala tours. It's advisable to research and choose an operator that aligns with your travel preferences and budget. Look for reviews and recommendations to find a reliable and trustworthy operator.
11. Kerala Group Tour Packages from Vadodara: Traveling in a group to Kerala can be a fun and cost-effective way to explore the state. Look for group tour packages that offer discounts and a social atmosphere. You'll get the chance to make new friends while experiencing Kerala's beauty.
In conclusion, Kerala is a dream destination, and with the right tour package, you can make your trip a memorable one, regardless of whether you're a family, couple, senior citizen, or solo traveler. Vadodara residents have various transportation options and tour operators to choose from, making the journey to "God's Own Country" easily accessible and enjoyable. So pack your bags and embark on a Kerala adventure you'll cherish for a lifetime.
Day 1: Kochi : Arrival in Kochi : Arrive at Cochin International Airport from Vadodara. Meet and greet by a representative from the luxury tour operator. Transfer to a 5-star hotel in Kochi. Spend the day exploring Kochi's historical sites, such as Fort Kochi, Mattancherry Palace, and the Chinese Fishing Nets. Enjoy a traditional Kathakali dance performance in the evening.
Day 2: Kochi : Kochi Sightseeing : After breakfast, take a city tour of Kochi, visiting attractions like the St. Francis Church, Jewish Synagogue, and the Dutch Palace. Explore the vibrant streets of Fort Kochi and indulge in shopping for handicrafts and spices. In the evening, enjoy a sunset cruise on the backwaters of Kochi. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 3: Munnar : Kochi to Munnar : After breakfast, check out from the hotel and proceed to Munnar. Enjoy a scenic drive through the lush tea plantations and rolling hills of Munnar. Check in to a luxurious 5-star resort in Munnar. Spend the evening at leisure, enjoying the amenities and facilities of the resort.Overnight stay at the 5-star resort in Munnar.
Day 4: Munnar : Munnar Exploration : After breakfast, embark on a full-day sightseeing tour of Munnar. Visit attractions like the Tata Tea Museum, Echo Point, Mattupetty Dam, and the beautiful Eravikulam National Park. Enjoy breathtaking views of the tea gardens and explore the picturesque landscapes of Munnar. Return to the resort for an overnight stay.
Day 5: Thekkady : Munnar to Thekkady : After breakfast, check out from the resort and drive to Thekkady. Check in to a luxurious 5-star hotel or resort in Thekkady. In the afternoon, enjoy a boat ride on Periyar Lake to spot wildlife in the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. Visit the spice plantations and indulge in a relaxing Ayurvedic massage. Overnight stay at the 5-star hotel in Thekkady.
Day 6: Kumarakom : Thekkady to Kumarakom : After breakfast, proceed to Kumarakom. Check in to a luxurious 5-star resort in Kumarakom. Spend the day relaxing by the serene backwaters and enjoying the facilities of the resort. Optional activities include a visit to the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary or a sunset cruise on the Vembanad Lake. Overnight stay at Kumarakom.
Day 7: Alleppey Houseboat : Kumarakom to Alleppey Houseboat : After breakfast, check out from the resort and transfer to Alleppey. Board a luxury houseboat for an overnight stay and cruise on the backwaters of Alleppey. Enjoy the picturesque views, delicious Kerala cuisine, and the peaceful ambiance of the backwaters. Overnight stay on the luxury houseboat.
Day 8: Departure : Alleppey to Cochin Airport - Vadodara : Disembark from the houseboat after breakfast. Transfer to Cochin International Airport for your departure. Please note that this is a sample itinerary and can be customized based on your preferences, the availability of accommodations, and the duration of your stay. It's recommended to work closely with a tour operator.
1 : Submit your tour plan by clicking the link.
2 : Your enquiry automatically forwarded up to 2 leading tour operators/ advisors in Kerala and your home town.
3 : Tour advisors will contact you through either phone or email for preparing the best tour itinerary as per your budget and duration of stay.
4 : You shall get the tour plan and cost from our recommended tour advisors.
5 : You may opt for the best tour itinerary/advisor as per your wish.
6 : The tour operator will confirm the tour plan and ask you to pay a 25% advance payment. Balance payment you can pay on arrival.
7 : You will get vehicle details and driver details 2 days before arrival.
8 : Our recommended tour operators representative will receive you on arrival at the airport/railway station/bus station.
9 : Your dedicated tour advisor will be available to support you from start to end of your tour.
10 : Our service is absolutely free of cost.
1. What is the best time to visit Kerala from Vadodara? The best time to visit Kerala is during the winter months from October to March when the weather is pleasant and ideal for sightseeing. Avoid the monsoon season, from June to September, due to heavy rains.
2. How can I reach Kerala from Vadodara? You can reach Kerala from Vadodara by train, bus, or flight. Flights are the quickest and most convenient option, but you can also take a train or combine a bus journey with a train or flight.
3. Are there direct flights from Vadodara to Kerala? Yes, Vadodara International Airport (BDQ) offers direct flights to various airports in Kerala, including Cochin (COK), Trivandrum (TRV), and Calicut (CCJ).
4. What are the must-visit destinations in Kerala from Vadodara? Some of the must-visit places in Kerala include Munnar, Alleppey, Thekkady, Wayanad, Kochi, Kovalam, and Trivandrum. The choice of destinations depends on your interests and the type of Kerala tour package you choose.
5. Can I find customized tour packages for Kerala from Vadodara? Yes, many tour operators offer customizable packages to suit your preferences, budget, and travel dates. You can tailor your itinerary to include the destinations and experiences you desire.
6. What are the types of tour packages available for Kerala from Vadodara? Kerala offers a wide range of tour packages, including family tours, couple packages, senior citizen tours, women-centric tours, group tours, and more. You can select the one that best suits your travel group.
7. Is Kerala safe for solo travelers, especially women from Vadodara? Kerala is generally considered safe for solo travelers, including women. It has a low crime rate and a welcoming atmosphere. However, it's always advisable to exercise common-sense precautions and stay in well-reviewed accommodations.
8. What are the must-try experiences in Kerala from Vadodara? Must-try experiences in Kerala include cruising the backwaters in a houseboat, exploring spice plantations, enjoying traditional Kathakali performances, trying Ayurvedic treatments, and savoring authentic Kerala cuisine.
9. Are there English-speaking guides available in Kerala for Vadodara tourists? Yes, many tourist destinations in Kerala have English-speaking guides who can help you explore the local culture, history, and natural attractions.
10. Do I need any specific permits to visit certain areas in Kerala from Vadodara? You typically don't need any special permits to visit most places in Kerala. However, if you plan to visit wildlife sanctuaries or protected areas, you might require permits, which can be obtained on-site or through tour operators.
11. What is the currency exchange process in Kerala for Vadodara tourists? Kerala has numerous currency exchange facilities, and you can also exchange currency at the airports. It's advisable to carry some Indian rupees in cash for small expenses, and credit cards are widely accepted in larger establishments.
These FAQs cover some of the essential aspects of planning a Kerala tour from Vadodara. Before your trip, it's recommended to research further and consult with your chosen tour operator for specific details and any additional questions you may have.
Kerala Tour from Vadodara Route Map Details : Vadodara to Kochi Airport (by flight): Distance: Approximately 1,400-1,600 kilometers (depending on the flight route). Flight time: Around 2.5 to 3 hours. Kochi Airport to Kochi city: Distance: Approximately 35-40 kilometers. Travel time: About 1-2 hours by road, depending on traffic. Kochi to Munnar: Distance: Approximately 130-140 kilometers. Travel time: Approximately 4-5 hours by road, including winding mountain roads.
Munnar to Thekkady: Distance: Approximately 100-110 kilometers. Travel time: About 3-4 hours by road through scenic routes. Thekkady to Kumarakom: Distance: Approximately 135-145 kilometers. Travel time: Roughly 4-5 hours by road.
Kumarakom to Alleppey (for houseboat stay): Distance: Approximately 30-35 kilometers. Travel time: About 1-2 hours by road. Alleppey back to Cochin (Kochi) Airport: Distance: Approximately 75-85 kilometers. Travel time: Around 1.5-2 hours by road. Cochin Airport to Vadodara (by flight): Distance: Approximately 1,400-1,600 kilometers (similar to the outbound flight). Flight time: Another 2.5 to 3 hours. Please keep in mind that these estimates are based on typical road and flight distances, and the actual time may vary. Additionally, the road travel times can be longer due to the hilly terrain and scenic routes in Kerala. It's important to check current flight schedules and road conditions before your journey to get more accurate information. Additionally, the time spent at each destination will depend on your specific itinerary and the activities you plan to enjoy.
POST YOUR TOUR REQUIREMENTS AND FEEL THE DIFFERENCE OF HOSPITALITY