Kerala, often referred to as "God's Own Country," is a captivating destination that beckons travelers from across the globe with its natural beauty, rich culture, and serene backwaters. Located on the southwestern coast of India, Kerala is a perfect getaway for tourists seeking a blend of picturesque landscapes, vibrant traditions, and delectable cuisine. For travelers from Sri Lanka, experiencing the charm of Kerala is just a short journey away, thanks to a range of enticing Kerala tour packages. In this article, we will explore the various options for Kerala tours from Sri Lanka and highlight some of the key attractions and activities available for different types of travelers.
1. Kerala Tour Packages from Sri Lanka by Flight or by Air : For travelers seeking convenience and speed, flying from Sri Lanka to Kerala is a popular choice. Various airlines operate flights connecting Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka, to major cities in Kerala, such as Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, and Kozhikode. These flights make it easy for tourists to access Kerala's top attractions within a few hours, making it an ideal option for those with limited time.
2. Kerala Family Tour from Sri Lanka : Kerala is a family-friendly destination, and there are several tour packages tailored for families traveling from Sri Lanka. These packages include a mix of activities suitable for all age groups, from exploring wildlife sanctuaries to enjoying serene backwater cruises. Kerala offers a safe and welcoming environment for families to create lasting memories together.
3. Kerala Couple Tour Packages from Sri Lanka : Kerala's romantic ambiance makes it an ideal destination for couples. The state's serene beaches, lush hill stations, and luxurious houseboats set the stage for a perfect getaway. Couples from Sri Lanka can choose packages that include private accommodations, candlelight dinners, and romantic boat rides, ensuring a memorable experience.
4. Kerala Senior Citizen Tour Packages from Sri Lanka : Senior citizens looking to explore Kerala's beauty can find tour packages that cater to their needs. These packages prioritize comfort and relaxation, including gentle activities like Ayurvedic treatments, cultural performances, and visits to heritage sites. Kerala's peaceful environment and warm hospitality make it an excellent destination for senior travelers.
5. Kerala Women Tour Packages from Sri Lanka : For women travelers seeking a unique and empowering experience, Kerala offers tour packages that focus on women's interests. These packages may include wellness retreats, cooking classes, and opportunities to interact with local women artisans. Kerala's culture, art, and traditions are celebrated in these tours.
6. Kerala Tourism Office in Sri Lanka : To facilitate travel arrangements and inquiries, Kerala Tourism has established an office in Sri Lanka. Travelers can visit this office to gather information, book tour packages, and seek assistance with visa and travel-related matters.
7. Kerala Tourism Development Corporation (KTDC) Tour Packages from Sri Lanka : KTDC, the official agency for tourism in Kerala, offers a wide range of tour packages from Sri Lanka. These packages are known for their quality and comprehensive itineraries, ensuring travelers get the most out of their Kerala experience.
8. Kerala Tour Operators in Sri Lanka : Several tour operators in Sri Lanka specialize in Kerala tours and provide a wide range of options tailored to individual preferences. These operators offer flexibility and customization, allowing travelers to create their ideal Kerala itinerary.
9. Kerala Group Tour Packages from Sri Lanka : Traveling with a group of friends or colleagues? Kerala group tour packages are available to accommodate your needs. These packages offer shared experiences, making it easy for groups to explore Kerala's diverse attractions together.
Kerala's natural beauty, cultural richness, and warm hospitality make it an alluring destination for travelers from Sri Lanka. Whether you prefer a leisurely train journey, a comfortable bus ride, or a quick flight, Kerala offers a variety of options to suit your travel style. With tour packages tailored to families, couples, seniors, women, and groups, Kerala ensures that every traveler can create unforgettable memories in "God's Own Country." So, pack your bags and embark on a journey to discover the enchanting Kerala.
Day 1: Kochi : Arrival in Kochi : Arrive at Cochin International Airport from Sri Lanka. Meet and greet by a representative from the luxury tour operator. Transfer to a 5-star hotel in Kochi. Spend the day exploring Kochi's historical sites, such as Fort Kochi, Mattancherry Palace, and the Chinese Fishing Nets. Enjoy a traditional Kathakali dance performance in the evening.
Day 2: Kochi : Kochi Sightseeing : After breakfast, take a city tour of Kochi, visiting attractions like the St. Francis Church, Jewish Synagogue, and the Dutch Palace. Explore the vibrant streets of Fort Kochi and indulge in shopping for handicrafts and spices. In the evening, enjoy a sunset cruise on the backwaters of Kochi. Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 3: Munnar : Kochi to Munnar : After breakfast, check out from the hotel and proceed to Munnar. Enjoy a scenic drive through the lush tea plantations and rolling hills of Munnar. Check in to a luxurious 5-star resort in Munnar. Spend the evening at leisure, enjoying the amenities and facilities of the resort.Overnight stay at the 5-star resort in Munnar.
Day 4: Munnar : Munnar Exploration : After breakfast, embark on a full-day sightseeing tour of Munnar. Visit attractions like the Tata Tea Museum, Echo Point, Mattupetty Dam, and the beautiful Eravikulam National Park. Enjoy breathtaking views of the tea gardens and explore the picturesque landscapes of Munnar. Return to the resort for an overnight stay.
Day 5: Thekkady : Munnar to Thekkady : After breakfast, check out from the resort and drive to Thekkady. Check in to a luxurious 5-star hotel or resort in Thekkady. In the afternoon, enjoy a boat ride on Periyar Lake to spot wildlife in the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. Visit the spice plantations and indulge in a relaxing Ayurvedic massage. Overnight stay at the 5-star hotel in Thekkady.
Day 6: Kumarakom : Thekkady to Kumarakom : After breakfast, proceed to Kumarakom. Check in to a luxurious 5-star resort in Kumarakom. Spend the day relaxing by the serene backwaters and enjoying the facilities of the resort. Optional activities include a visit to the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary or a sunset cruise on the Vembanad Lake. Overnight stay at Kumarakom.
Day 7: Alleppey Houseboat : Kumarakom to Alleppey Houseboat : After breakfast, check out from the resort and transfer to Alleppey. Board a luxury houseboat for an overnight stay and cruise on the backwaters of Alleppey. Enjoy the picturesque views, delicious Kerala cuisine, and the peaceful ambiance of the backwaters. Overnight stay on the luxury houseboat.
Day 8: Departure : Alleppey to Cochin Airport - Sri Lanka : Disembark from the houseboat after breakfast. Transfer to Cochin International Airport for your departure. Please note that this is a sample itinerary and can be customized based on your preferences, the availability of accommodations, and the duration of your stay. It's recommended to work closely with a tour operator.
1 : Submit your tour plan by clicking the link.
2 : Your enquiry automatically forwarded up to 2 leading tour operators/ advisors in Kerala and your home town.
3 : Tour advisors will contact you through either phone or email for preparing the best tour itinerary as per your budget and duration of stay.
4 : You shall get the tour plan and cost from our recommended tour advisors.
5 : You may opt for the best tour itinerary/advisor as per your wish.
6 : The tour operator will confirm the tour plan and ask you to pay a 25% advance payment. Balance payment you can pay on arrival.
7 : You will get vehicle details and driver details 2 days before arrival.
8 : Our recommended tour operators representative will receive you on arrival at the airport/railway station/bus station.
9 : Your dedicated tour advisor will be available to support you from start to end of your tour.
10 : Our service is absolutely free of cost.
1. How can I travel from Sri Lanka to Kerala? You can travel to Kerala from Sri Lanka by train, bus, or flight. The most common way is by taking a flight from Colombo to major airports in Kerala like Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, or Kozhikode.
2. What are the must-visit destinations in Kerala for Sri Lankan travelers? Some popular destinations include Munnar (for its beautiful tea plantations), Alleppey (famous for houseboat cruises), Kochi (for its historical sites), Thekkady (known for Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary), and Wayanad (known for its lush greenery).
3. Are there direct flights from Sri Lanka to Kerala? Yes, several airlines offer direct flights from Colombo to major Kerala airports. Check with airlines for availability and schedules.
4. What is the ideal duration for a Kerala tour from Sri Lanka? The ideal duration depends on your interests and the places you want to visit. A typical Kerala tour can last anywhere from 5 to 10 days, but you can customize it to your preferences.
5. Is a visa required for Sri Lankan travelers visiting Kerala? Yes, Sri Lankan travelers need a valid Indian visa to visit Kerala. You can apply for an Indian tourist visa through the Indian High Commission or online.
6. What is the best time to visit Kerala from Sri Lanka? Kerala's weather is generally pleasant throughout the year. However, the best time for a visit is during the winter months (October to February) when the weather is cool and dry.
7. Are there specific Kerala tour packages for families traveling from Sri Lanka? Yes, many tour operators offer family-friendly Kerala tour packages that include activities suitable for all age groups, ensuring a memorable experience for families.
8. What kind of clothing should I pack for my Kerala trip? Lightweight, breathable clothing is suitable for Kerala's tropical climate. It's a good idea to pack comfortable walking shoes, swimwear (if you plan to swim in the beaches or pools), and modest clothing if you plan to visit religious sites.
9. Is it safe to travel to Kerala from Sri Lanka? Kerala is considered a safe destination for travelers. However, it's always recommended to take standard precautions such as securing your belongings and staying aware of your surroundings.
10. Can I get vegetarian or Sri Lankan cuisine in Kerala? Kerala offers a variety of cuisine, including vegetarian options. You can also find some Sri Lankan dishes in Kerala, especially in areas with a significant Sri Lankan expatriate community.
11. How can I book a Kerala tour package from Sri Lanka? You can book Kerala tour packages through travel agencies, online travel portals, or directly with Kerala Tourism. It's advisable to research and compare options to find the best package that suits your preferences and budget.
12. Are there English-speaking guides available in Kerala? Yes, you can easily find English-speaking guides in popular tourist destinations in Kerala. They can enhance your experience by providing insights into the culture and history of the region.
Remember that specific details may vary based on your chosen tour package and travel plans, so it's essential to communicate with your tour operator or travel agent to clarify any doubts and ensure a smooth and enjoyable Kerala tour from Sri Lanka.
Kerala Tour from Sri Lanka Route Map Details : Sri Lanka to Kochi Airport (by Flight): Distance: Varies based on your departure airport in Sri Lanka (e.g., Colombo Bandaranaike International Airport). Time: The flight duration can range from 1.5 to 3 hours, depending on your departure city and the specific flight route. Kochi Airport to Kochi City: Distance: Approximately 36 kilometers (22 miles). Time: The drive from Kochi Airport to Kochi city center can take around 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on traffic conditions. Kochi to Munnar: Distance: Approximately 130 kilometers (81 miles). Time: The road journey from Kochi to Munnar can take around 3.5 to 4.5 hours, depending on the route and road conditions. Munnar to Thekkady: Distance: Approximately 90 kilometers (56 miles). Time: The drive from Munnar to Thekkady typically takes about 3 hours. Thekkady to Kumarakom: Distance: Approximately 125 kilometers (78 miles). Time: The journey from Thekkady to Kumarakom can take around 3 to 4 hours, depending on the route chosen.
Kumarakom to Alleppey Houseboat (Alappuzha): Distance: Approximately 35 kilometers (22 miles). Time: The drive from Kumarakom to Alleppey (Alappuzha) can take approximately 1 to 1.5 hours, where you'll board your houseboat.
Alleppey Houseboat Experience: The duration of your houseboat experience in Alleppey can vary depending on your chosen package. It could be a day cruise or an overnight stay. Alleppey to Cochin Airport: Distance: Approximately 75 kilometers (47 miles). Time: The drive from Alleppey to Cochin Airport usually takes around 1.5 to 2 hours. Cochin Airport to Sri Lanka (by Flight): Distance: Varies based on your destination airport in Sri Lanka. Time: The flight duration for the return journey from Cochin Airport to Sri Lanka will depend on the specific flight route and destination. Please note that these are approximate distances and travel times, and actual times may vary based on factors such as road conditions, traffic, and the chosen mode of transportation. It's advisable to plan your itinerary in advance and consider factors like sightseeing stops and breaks along the way to make the most of your journey through Kerala.
POST YOUR TOUR REQUIREMENTS AND FEEL THE DIFFERENCE OF HOSPITALITY